Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I've been busy making things for craft shows the past couple of months, but I did manage to finish a few things for my own kids!

Jake's owl onesie


Avery's Christmas tree shirt

Thanksgiving day we went to Tim's parent's house




Avery and Claire



Tim's dad, Grandma, and Jake


Afternoon nap

Avery, Jake, and I went to Victoria for the rest of the weekend

As long as I can remember, every holiday was spent at my grandma's house.  When I think back to my best holiday memories growing up, I always picture her house.  (It has only been in the past few years that we started going to other family member's houses for holidays.)   That is where everyone got together to eat, play with our new Christmas toys, run around outside, and walk to the small arcade at the gas station down the road.  The one thing I know for a fact we did absolutely every visit there, was walk around the rocks surronding the front flower bed and try not to step on the flowers! There were always a couple of wobbly ones, and the trickiest one was the pointy topped rock! 
I was a little sad when I heard that the whole family was going to be getting together one last time at her house for Thanksgiving before she moves and I wouldn't be able to make it.  I'm sure it wouldn't have been the way I remember it was when I was little, but it would have been neat to be able to take my kids there for a holiday like I used to go.  But since I wasn't able to be there for Thanksgiving, my mom, Avery, Jake, and I went to my Grandma's house on Saturday to visit and help her pack up a few things to move to Victoria.
 


Walking on the rocks



Avery and my dad picking (and eating) oranges from the tree in our backyard

No comments: